Friday, May 12, 2006

Great worship retreat



So just this last weekend I was gone up to the Quest (I felt like a traitor to Kadesh) for the worship retreat. It was an amazing weekend. I had never been on a weekend long retreat that wasn't a youth retreat with at least like 30 people, so it was kind of nice with just the 16 or so of us who were there. I think that it's easier to learn from each other when it's a smaller group. I learned a lot this weekend. We talked a lot about music and arts (obviously), and what everything means to us as artists and what are some things that we need to try or whatever. It was really encouraging. We did a songwriting exercise on Saturday afternoon which was really really great. We all had to write some stuff. Just some lyrics or some phrases or just anything that could maybe potentially be turned into a song at some point. And then we came back and shared what we had done. It was a brand new experience for me, and I admit that I was a bit nervous because I didn't know if what I had written was good or bad or cheesy or if only I thought it was good. Turns out that people liked what I wrote. And a lot of people had really good stuff. It's so interesting to listen to the very different things that people come up with when thinking of words for a song. Oh ya! And speaking of songs. Lorne and Jan had written a song for us to learn up there. So we spent some time learning it and then we recorded it!!! Like a real live recording! It was so amazing. We made a real song! I'm not sure but I think that whenever Lorne makes a video of the retreat for church that it'll have that song to it. It's awesome. IT makes me really excited. So my first recording experience turned out to be really really great...and I hope that I will get to do more. But anyways....here's a couple pics from the weekend. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kristen S said...

Hey honey! Sounds like you had a great time! I love hearing about all that you're doing! Love ya tons!