Sunday, September 04, 2005
Romance.....
I am such a hopeless romantic. Anything and everything that has to do with romance, just absolutely captures my attention . I was at my friends' Mandy and Shane's wedding yesterday. It was truly a beautiful wedding. I think that one of the most beautiful parts about it was that I have never seen a bride and a groom just stand there looking at each other with such innocence and respect. THey were completely captivated by eachother. As Mandy started to walk down the aisle, we all watched as Shane gently brushed away the tears that were beginning to come from his eyes. This was his bride, and his love and admiration for her was evident to everyone. They had a foot washing celebration during the ceremony, as a reflection of the way Jesus was a servant to everyone, so they wanted to be servants to each other in their marriage. Weddings are always my favourite events to be at. I could never understand why some people don't like going to weddings. Like I said before, I am a hopeless romantic. And to me, there is nothing in this world that is more romantic, than two lives becoming one in body, mind, and spirit. What a BeAuTiFuL thing!!!! It is like the epitome of romance right there. But being at a wedding such as this one can't help but make one long for the same kind of love and intimacy that this couple is sharing with each other. I often wish that I could be at that place with another person. I feel like I have a lot that I could offer to a man and that I'm not too bad of a catch. Lol. But then again, what person does not long for the greatest intimacy they can find? I so desperately long to have, in the flesh, a picture of Christ's love for his people......his bride. No, don't get me wrong, I'm not even close to being at the point of feeling sorry for myself for not having a man yet or anything. I Realize that I am still very young and that there is plenty of time for me to come across this form of love and romance and intimacy. I am just soooooo freaking excited for when that day comes!!! But I know that I have a lot to learn before that can happen. I often think about the qualities that I desire in my future husband. And the more I realize that I want these things in him, it makes me realize that maybe he desires the same things in me. This helps me to pursue these things with the desire of becoming the woman that God had in mind when he created me, as well as the woman that some man is dreaming of finding one day. My desire for a husband is that he would chase after God with ALL of his strength. I want to walk into a room and see the love of God just radiating out of that man's being. I desire for him to pursue purity with all of his might. That he would know that I am a beautiful gift from God to him, and that the wait can be nothing but beneficial to our relationship. I desire a man who truly can see me as a treaasure to be pursued for the rest of his days. And I hope that he will never lose that vision, because I believe that every woman deserves to be treated as a queen. But I know that all of these things will have to wait for a little while. I understand that I will never be able to experience true intimacy with any man before I realize that first and foremost can all of my desires for intimacy be met in the truest, most beautiful husband of all....Jesus Christ. Only after my satisfaction is found in him, will I be ready for this picture in the flesh. I love romance. I suppose I need to keep reminding myself that God himself is the author of romance. It doesn't get any more beautiful than that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment