Monday, September 26, 2005

So beautiful!

Wow!!! What an incredible weekend that was. God is so alive and awesome! Just everything about the weekend had God dwelling right in the very center of it. What a beautiful feeling. I believe that one of the best things about God is that no matter how badly you've screwed up or how far you've run away from him, he has no second thoughts about instantly embracing you as soon as you turn your heart back towards him. He is the most forgiving and loving God imaginable. And this was clearly evident throughout this weekend. There were some moments that were so powerful, it literally made me weak inside. My favourite part of the weekend was Sunday morning. To me, that was exactly how I always imagined exactly what church should be. Worshipping the awesomeness of our God as we fellowship in love and in communion. It was such a beautiful experience. I believe that times like that are so important. As we shared with one another the love we had for each other and what we meant to one another and broke bread and celebrated, there wasn't anything that was more beautiful in that moment. Also, one of my favourite parts about it all was the way the guys broke down and layed their hearts out on the table. There are two things that I think are the most beautiful about men: the first is when they get joy out of playing with children, or when they are holding a baby in their arms; the second is when they can show their love for one another. See, it's not a huge deal for a man to show love to a woman. But when men can express their love and appreciation for each other, it is one of the most beautiful things to see. Curtis and David were a perfect example of this. Those of you who were there know what I mean. What a beautiful thing that was. I love to see the tender side of the male species. The side that doesn't always have to be telling his friends to shut up or slap his friends in the gut every time they walk by each other. I love to see what mean are really about on their deepest level. Who are they when their tough exterior is removed? It's one of life's greatest mysteries, and one of the most beautiful things to see when you get a chance to see a glimpse of this part of them. I only wish that we didn't have to wait for these glimpses. I wish that it were easier to see the deeper parts of the male species. I guess this is just their mystery. But all in all, I think that that Sunday morning service may have been one of the most profound experiences many of us who were there have ever had. So many people were so broken and full of emotion and love for one another. I believe that we need to have more times such as that to express to each other how we feel about each other and what we appreciate about one another and why we love each other. It was so beautiful. That is the best word I can think of to describe the experience. I love my God so much. He is sooo good to me and his love is so marvelous. And I love my family in Christ and the way we all fellowshipped and celebrated with each other this weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »