Friday, September 02, 2005
What an adventure it could be
Ok, so I'm not sure if I'm the strange one in all this, or if no one else is affected the same way that I am, but for real, there are some movies out there that just move me a certain way. Like for example watching Coach Carter gave me this burning desire to not be afraid to make something of my self. It made me just want to get out there and be somebody and chase after big dreams. Or how The Notebook makes me want to build a house with a big beautiful yard like the one on the movie. I watched Sahara last night for the second time, and that movie gives me such a desire to get out in the world and have an adventure. Undoubtedly the characters in the movie were not living dull boring lives, but rather they were out exploring the world having one adventure after the other. Man! That would be so awesome!! Then, all of a sudden, this tiny little lightbulb seemed to come on over my head. I started to see the connection between my spiritual journey and these dreams and desires. Why don't I direct these passions at God? Do I fear that because the movies that brought about these desires in the first place were not focused on God in any way shape or form, then maybe it wouldn't work out quite the same for me? Man, what a wake up call!!! Of course it would not work out the same!!! This is God we're talking about! Anything this world can deliver, my God can surpass and completely blow out of the water. I can still have my great adventures. I can still chase after big dreams. I can still be somebody. But all these things will be greater if the ultimate goal is Jesus Christ. If my focus is directed on him rather than on the things I'm trying to attain along the way, then all these things will be given to me in their greatest measure. Only then, will I truly be able to experience the truest adventure of all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Best regards from NY! ge dryer buick grand Play mario online games Panasonic blood pressure monitor ew284 Homeowner s insurance property in trust Replacing jeep spline Fioricet vs fiorinal san diego cosmetic dentistry antidepressants Bmw k1200lt radar detector Bras stable
Post a Comment