Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Exorcism of Emily Rose

Wow! So I went to see this movie last night with my brother. It's a very very interesting movie. Guarunteed, it is kind of freaky to see lots of it. But the fact that it's a true story kind of changes how you see it. I highly recommend it, especially for Christians. It really brings to light the battles of the spiritual realm and how they are always there. In one part of the movie, the priest was talking with his lawyer about demons, and he said to her that they exist whether or not she believes in them. I think that that is very true of everything spiritual. In regards to God and the devil and angels and demons and everything of that nature; it's so true that it all undoubtedly exists whether or not anyone believes it. It's kind of sad in a way. So many people either choose not to believe or are oblivious to the fact that there is a God who is bigger than their minds can fathom, who loves them more than any person does or could. It was definitely a very spiritual movie, as it followed the life of Emily Rose as she was posessed by demons. Things beyond our world were undeniably involved. It was really sad as I heard people throughout the crowded theater laughing at parts that were definitely no laughing matter. These people have no idea that their lives are in desperate need of a God who can save them from themselves and from the evil forces that exist all around us. It was a real eye opener for me, I guess. Emily Rose got to experience the spiritual realm in a VERY real way. I feel like maybe I haven't come to realize the reality of God in my life, the way things were real to Emily. Perhaps this is keeping my relationship with him from flourishing. What would happen if I decided to pursue the reality of God? If he was as real to me as anyone or anything else is? Maybe then, my life would be on the track it was designed for. Maybe then I will know that I am where I am supposed to be when I'm supposed to be there. Maybe then.....will I truly be in love with my creator.

2 comments:

carissa said...

Wow...I was little hesitant about seeing that movie, but maybe I just will now. It sounds alright, and I think it might be cool to see! Ok you talked me into it!! haha.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP boating in england Dreams resort guest photos Roulette+systems http://www.pda-accessory-5.info Security camera monitoring from home cheap butalbital