Friday, November 04, 2005

Why put off 'til tomorrow what you can do today?

So I was at the gym on Wednesday evening. Jenna managed to get me to drag my but there with her. So there I was sitting on a bike for a good 40 minutes looking at a random magazine that was sitting on the counter. No, there was one article in particular that caught my attention. I talked about how we tend to always dream about the future and think about all the things that could happen one day or that we would like to do one day. It's the when/then attitude. For example, "WHEN I finally can find a job that gives me more than 10 hours a week and pays more than minimum wage, THEN I will be able to think about what it might be like to buy a car, or move away from home." It just seems like a hopeless situation, because no matter what job I have or what my circumstances are, it's always going to seem as if there's something that I don't have that I need in order to have what I want. I will always subconciously create a dilema that keeps me from stepping out and really living. I mean, obviously I don't have enough money to be able to move away from home right now. But that doesn't change the fact that one day I will. Why not have a little piece of it now? I mean, why don't I buy a coffee mug or two that I really love? Or why don't I learn how to cook right now? I mean eventually I'm gonna have to know how to really feed myself, right? Why don't I begin enjoying these things now? I don't need to wait. And maybe I should take up something I've always wanted to do but always said I'd do it "one day"? What's stopping me from really living my life right now? What am I waiting for? Do I think that it's all just going to happen on it's own? I mean, I want to really enjoy my life now! The only thing that's stopping me is me. I guess it's just been kind of a wake up call to me. I want to live with passion and excitement and enjoyment. So....maybe I will.

2 comments:

carissa said...

That is so true Kristan!! I always put things off...and what is really stopping me from doing those things that I really want to. I agree we need to be living our lives to the fullest and not waiting for some miraculous thing to happen!

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »