"Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness."
This verse gives a pretty clear depiction of how I was thinking and feeling tonight. I was thinking about my body and how much I use it to bring glory to God compared to how much I don't. I was at the church to pray this afternoon, and I took advantage of the opportunity to just let loose and use my body to bring joy to God. I cranked up the music and just danced around for a while......I haven't felt like my body has been used for something so beautiful in a long time. I just occurred to me that why don't I make an effort to use my body for his majesty every second of the day? Regardless of what I'm doing. To strive for absolute purity and modesty and grace and health and love. I can use my body for all of these things......24/7. So why don't I? Afterall, my body is not my own anyways. It already belongs to God. I'm just living in it for the time being....until he takes me home. How would God like this body of mine to be used? Totally for his glory and honour I can imagine. I think I'm going to start keeping that in mind. I wonder how my life would look different if I honoured God with every word and every move and every step. Quite beautiful I bet.
Tuesday, November 08, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Where did you find it? Interesting read New jersey clifton accident accutane legal Comstock answering service pictures ov male teenage models accutane therapy Generic cialis discount cheap low cost Donna designs in dallas -- mattresses Utah accutane legal Liposuction post accutane appropriate dosages Distinction face lift wholesale http://www.nortonantivirus9.info http://www.travel-health-insurance-0.info/accutane-generic.html Zithromax dosage chlamydia Britney spears hummer web site design development cape verde Chemical name of neurontin
Post a Comment