Saturday, October 01, 2005
It's a sad, sick, but fantastic world out there
Today was just a great day. It was jam packed from the moment I woke up until right now as I prepare to head to bed. Work was particularily enjoyable today, as I got to work with Ashley whom I especially enjoy working with. She always seems very interested in my life and in who I am and in what I do and things like that. Today I told her the story of the twisted circle between Ryan and Candice and Josh and I. She thoroughly enjoyed that story, and thought it was even better when Ryan walked into the store today. She is so open to hearing what I have to say and I feel like God has given me a real opportunity with her. At one point I even went into the back room and prayed for a second that God would present me with opportunities today to portray Christ to her and that he would just make her heart so susceptible to what I have to say. And God was o faithful! All afternoon we talked about things and it was so awesome. BUT.........I am kicking myself because of one point of the conversation in particular. There was something that I should have said but I kept my stupid mouth shut and lost my chance to share some important things with her about myself and what I believe. I just hope and pray that God will orchestrate it so that Ashley and I will have more shifts together and that I will be presented with many more opportunities. I just praise God for Ashley and that she is such a fantastic person and that she can appreciate me for who I am even though my lifestyle is much different than hers. God is good. All the time. Tonight I went to a wedding with Ryan. It was a really fun time. We sat at a table with some guys that Ryan knows from the fire department in Langham and their wives. It was a really really fun time. I drank probably two entire bottles of non-alcoholic spritzer. My teeth hurt a lot now. But whatever. I also learned a lot about real life tonight. Just from observing, I was able to see how these old 40 year old men were talking about getting the phone number of some girl who appeared to be about my age because she looked particularly hot this evening. Or check out girls chests as they walked by our table. It's just a reminder of what a sick world we live in and how aware I need to be of the fact that things like this happen, whether I notice it or not. Maybe this is all the more reason for me to dress with modesty and decency. So that 40 year old men will not see me as an object. If there are any guys reading this, I just encourage you to truly try and understand what it means to treat a lady with the utmost respect, because her heavenly father is a king, which makes her a princess. And that's just how every girl wants to be treated. Myself included. Sometimes you just need rude awakenings like that in order to snap you back into reality and get you back on track. Praise the Lord for my night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
kristan I most definately believe we live in a sick world and that's just so wrong but it happens and all we can do is pray and hope that things get better.But you are right you don't want men to see you as targets you deserve so much better than that.You are a great woman of God and you are someone I look up to very much and want to be like.Your awesome.
Evonne
best regards, nice info Seo marketing kyrgyzstan Consulting internet marketing new york ingredients in xenical discount xenical pay pal order xenical imitrex guitars sales Discount ionamin diet pills Be beautiful stop smoking forever mybestworkathomebiz.com97.htm Maternity apparel dallas Scanner barcode library Data recovery freeware download topamax and fibromyalgia
Post a Comment