There has been so much going on in my life lately. So many things that I find myself thinking about and worrying about and stressing over. Somehow along the way, my life has become stirred up and unpeaceful. My soul has become restless and uneasy. From conflicts with friends, to brave moves I might find myself making, to big decisions coming up ahead for me, to family problems, to many other things......it's definitely a rough patch in life right now. We're not on calm serene waters anymore. We've hit some whitecaps. Reminds me of the last canoe trip I was on. Nasty rough waters. If I don't continue to exert my effort into thinking about things and trying to deal with things, then I will simply be swept away and overtaken by everything. It's a little bit overwhelming, I'm not going to lie. I haven't had this much on my plate in a long time. I find myself thinking about what I should do in order to make things turn out the best. How I should handle everything. Somehow...in the midst of all the noise and commotion in my heart and mind...God managed to speak to me with his tender loving voice that I love so much. And he tells me, "Kristan, I understand that you care so much about everything that is going on in your life, that you desperately want to find the best way to handle it all. You don't want to hurt anybody, or make any wrong decisions....or hurt yourself. Please let me take the load off your shoulders. I promise you that if you trust me with these things, that I will not let you down. I know just the perfect way to resolve each situation. I will bring peace back to your heart. You just need to give it to me....and trust me." Oh how I struggle with this. Even though God has never given me reason not to trust him. He has always proven faithful. His endings are always better than mine would've been. I came across a verse in the Message....really struck a chord with me...
"But if you see that the job is too big for you, that it's something only God can do, and you trust him to do it -- you could never do it for yourself no matter how hard and long your worked -- well that trusting-him-to-do-it is what gets you set right with God, by God. Sheer gift." Romans 4:5
When there are this many things going on in my life...way too much for me to think about or handle...what else is there to do but trust God with it? How else do you get through? How else is God's will brought about? So I choose to trust God....right now....with everything. I believe that all will end in good....and it will be beautiful!
Wednesday, December 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment