Saturday, February 11, 2006
20 years.....amazing
Wow...I can't believe that today is my birthday. Turning 20 years old isn't somthing that happens every day. But today is that day. So bazaar. Can't really wrap my mind around that yet. The last time I entered into a new decade was when I turned 10. And that was half my life ago. Too long ago to remember. I feel like this day should be significant in some way. Like some part of my life should begin now that I am beyond my teenage years. But what is that part exactly? What's going to change? There's a quote by C.S. Lewis that says "The more we let God take us over, the more truly ourselves we become - because he made us. He invented all the different people that you and I were intended to be....It is when I turn to Christ, when I give up myself to his personality, that I first begin to have a real personality of my own." I think this is what I want most of all. I want to become more truly myself. I want to discover exactly who it is that I was created to be. I know that this is a lifelong journey of discovery and I won't figure it out overnight. But I want to really begin to press into that journey. Because I believe that whoever it is that God created me to be is so much more incredible than whoever I think I should be. The next time I see a new decade, I'll be turning 30. I am eager and excited to see what the next 10 years hold for me.....what the rest of my life holds. It should be awesome. Today was a crazy day all around. A lot of stuff happened and much didn't go as planned or hoped. But all in all...I felt very blessed today. Blessed to see my 20th birthday and to know that I am loved. It's a great feeling. Well.....goodnight everyone....I'm going to see what I can do with the last 13 minutes of my birthday. Buh bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday Kristan!! How does it feel to be 20!! WOAH!!
I hope you had an awesome birthday!!
Love ya
im so sorry kristan happy belated birthday...
I miss this girl, and her witty bloggin' abilities. In the midst of my daily disappointments, I still check her blog with heightened anticipation every day. Someday, my efforts will be rewarded.
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for (a new blog post for one) and certain of what we do not see (like a new blog post).
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! infiniti dealers Acne spironolactone treat ab generic 80mg oxycontin Stress vitamin Order propecia online and save money interracial gratuit Custom stone and mica furniture Sauna vitoria es Protonix and drinking Does propecia work in all men planet 2001 furniture bangkok milfe blonde
Post a Comment