Sunday, September 11, 2005

Lack of direction can be so frustrating sometimes

Wow, there has been so much running through my head lately. And I think that through all of it, I have grasped the fact that I need to develop a lot of patience. Such a big part of me desires to find a definite direction in my life. I want to find something that I love so much that it could be a potential career for me. I just feel like I want to have something stable and strong in my life that I can lean on for security. I desire to be independant and secure. I want to get out there in the world and make it on my own. I don't want to have to depend on any other person in order for me to have a home or a job or a car or anything else. I guess I just kind of struggle with the thought of not having a direction in my life. I feel like I'm just living. Just sorta coasting along waiting for my big purpose to reveal itself. This is where patience comes in. Whether or not I discover my career anytime soon should not determine how I live my life in the meantime. I know that Jesus asks that I just continue to press into him with each day and as time goes on, he will slowly reveal to me what he wants with me. But my true purpose can never come about if I don't allow myself to be directed by God. He is the author of my life and I want his story to simply be lived out through me. I guess that this is a lot easier said than done for me. I know what I have to do to set my life straight and in line with God's great plan, but I having trouble giving my life up sometimes. I guess this is just a process that God is taking me on right now. I just ask for your prayers in this journey: for patience in waiting until I discover what God's great plan is for me; for the passion to live life to the fullest, even in my moments of uncertainty; and for the perseverance to press into God every minute of every day so that I may find myself completely consumed by him. I know that I am very useable and that God will use me as long as I allow him to. I'm real excited to see what he wants with me.