Saturday, December 03, 2005

My wonderful friends

I've been thinking lately about how wonderful my life is. Now, for sure, I have my times when I feel like everything sucks and I hate everything and I just have nervous breakdown little school girl bawling sessions. But all in all, my life is pretty alright. It baffles me why this is my life. You know, this....right here...in the north end of Saskatoon. Why am I so fortunate to have this huge blessing? Why am I not a starving child with aids in Africa? I never chose this for myself. The fact that I can go for walks through my neighbourhood without fear of being shot or raped, or the fact that I have a roof over my head and a beautiful bed all to myself and running water and food in my fridge, or the fact that there is a slim to none chance that I will be affected by a major natural disaster.....all of these things are cause for praise and celebration. I don't deserve this comfort. But God is in the business of giving us gifts that we can never earn or deserve. He just loves to bless us. He just loves it. And then if that isn't enough.....he decides to bless the remaining areas of my life in great abundance. I am convinced that I have the greatest group of friends in the entire world. Now this is something I think about often, because there are very few things that I love and treasure more than my friends. I have such beautiful, wonderful, amazing friends in my life. They are truly my family. I love to be with them as much as I can. (As many of you have probably noticed...I like to stay out and hang out and not go home away from my friends...lol) We can be real with each other. We can share our innermost thoughts and feelings without fear of being ridiculed or judged. I have never felt unwelcome or unaccepted. In the company of my friends, I feel like I belong. I feel like I am loved, and that who I am is good enough.

"My dear, dear friends! I love you so much. I do want the very best for you. You make me feel such joy, fill me with such pride. Don't waver. Stay on track, steady in God."
Philippians 4:1 (Msg)

Wow!! This verse pretty clearly portrays how I feel about my friends. They are everything to me. So....to close.....if you are reading this....I LOVE YOU!!! Ok? I'm so serious. I apologize for not saying it more...if ever. But just always know that I love you and that you are important to me. Blessings to you all. :)

4 comments:

Kristen S said...

Thanks Kristan! I love you too, so so so much! You are the bestest bestest friend in the world!
Kristen

Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » »

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! free christmas card graphics Tamiflu ruimers Copper zyme vitamin world Casinos with free signup bonus no deposit required web search engine optimization http://www.direct-email-marketing-8.info data recovery oakville reverse phone book Information on the risks of breast implants How to become debt free