Sunday, April 16, 2006
The Stranger in the Park
Soooo......story for you all. Today was a very awful day as well as a very wonderful blessed day for me. This morning was our last performance of the Easter production. It was absolutely incredible. It was undeniable that the spirit of God was moving and working. During the scene where Jesus is crucified and dies....I could just hear the sniffles coming from the people in the audience who were touched. It was so powerful and amazing. I can't really explain what a blessing it has been for me to be part of this production. To have a part in being used by God to share his story. Truly it has become my family. I love it. I'm so blessed. On a more sour note....this afternoon....my family got in a big ridiculous fight. Mostly it was just my mom amd my sister and me. It was so huge and ridiculous and blown way out of proportion over something completely trivial. I hate when my family fights. WE do more than a lot of people know I'm sure. So I hate being around in the middle of that....so I left and went out for a walk. I walked into the park by my house and sat down by a fence and just cried. I was just crying out to God...telling him how I hate feeling so alone the way I often do, and how I really hate feeling far from him. I hate feeling like my relationship with God is weak and that the only thing keeping it going is my belief that he is there. Simply holding onto the truth is all that keeps me going sometimes. Which is good....but also hard because feeling like God is far away is really hard. So anyway....I was probably sitting there for only a couple minutes when I saw some guy walking towards me. I didn't really want to have to look at him or talk to him or anything...so to avoid potential awkwardness, I got up and started walking back towards the catwalk. He was walking a ways behind me, and I heard him shout to me, "Are you ok?". I didn't really want to talk to a complete stranger about how I was doing at the time so I just kept walking and didn't answer him. I walked down the catwalk and onto my street towards my house and he kept following me a bit. When he got through the catwalk, he shouted at me, "I'm going the other way now! I hope things work out for you! I've been there too probably!" I just kept walking. I don't know why I didn't turn around and talk to this stranger who cared about my problems. Maybe I was just afraid or something. But nonetheless, I was so blessed by this person. I wish that he could know how very much it meant to me that he showed that he cared to me...a perfect stranger...when I was feeling so alone and uncared for. So after I heard him shout at me the last time...I waited a couple seconds and then turned around and he wasn't there. I couldn't see him anywhere. He could've just turned the corner and been out of view, but a part of me likes to think that he was an angel and God sent him to me right when I was crying about how alone I felt. Whoever he was....he blessed me so deeply, I can't even tell you. Just a simple second of caring about a stranger made a world of difference to me. That's what the power of God is about. So that is my Easter blessing. The stranger in the park.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Kristan, I just came across your blog through my journeying in blog land.
I agree, the Easter production was extremely powerful and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was fun to be in it together with you - you were a blessing to me. :-)
I'm sorry you had a hard time after but it's neat what God showed you through that. He is in every circumstance in our lives, we just need to look for Him and be willing to see Him all around us no matter what we go through.
It is a blessing to have you in our church. I enjoy your singing in the worship band on Sunday mornings - God will bless you for serving Him in that way too!
You are a blessing to many, Kristan. God bless you!!
Lisa Braun
Hey sweety! I think that stranger was truly from God. God does care for us so much, and he wanted you to know that you aren't alone. I love you so much honey! I miss you.
Kristen Baran
Post a Comment