Sunday, October 08, 2006
Thanksgiving
So today is Thanksgiving. That can mean something different to every person. Some people are able to enjoy their day with their families, celebrating life and appreciating each other. Other people's days are probably less wonderful than that. My morning was more on the not so awesome side today. Half my family is gone to Regina to be with my Grandma....and the other half of us are still here at home....with a lot of drama in the midst of that. Ugly drama. Sometimes I just feel like my world is spinning out of control and like everything is being flipped upside down and on it's side and every other way. I dunno. I guess I often wish that my life could look more like other people's lives. You know, people who's families have got it all together, people who have it all together in their own life, people who don't seem to have a care in the world. But I admit that my life is far away from that. I have not got it even close to all together. And so, that being what it is, I often feel like I need to really open up my eyes and look around at the blessings that are constantly surrounding my life. No matter what my life is like, no matter what crap is going on...God is still good. He has never ever ever let me down. He is the only constant good in my life. And for that....I am so thankful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
happy thanksgiving to you KristAn
::dan&charlene::
aww kristan .. no ones perfect..and it may seem like they are, only because its so easy for each one us to 'paint the perfect family picture'..but the truth is we all have our issues we deal with, and its through God's mercy and forgiveness we do it :).. my grams who just passed away always said "count your blessings name them one by one" well its a song and she would sing it..and so your on the right track..as long as we focas on that its seems to be alittle easier when times are hairy :)
Post a Comment