Monday, November 07, 2005

God works in sensational ways!

Do you ever feel as if for one moment, you were exactly where you were meant to be, when you were meant to be there? God is marvelous in that way. Tonight, I was having a strangely rough time with myself. I felt as if I don't know who I am, or what the heck God is hoping to make of me. I feel like I'm just existing and that I am somewhat worthless if I don't know exactly what my great purpose in life is. I wanted to go out for a walk with my dog when I got home from hanging out with Dan and Jana and Kyla tonight. But my mom wouldn't let me because she believed it was too late, which led me to become even more frustrated and unhappy with life. So I came on msn for who knows what reason. This is now the moment I was referring to, when I felt like I was supposed to be right here right then. Dan and I started talking and I shared my frustrations with him. We talked about it for a while. Dan is very smart and very wise. He basically re-affirmed what I already knew, but had lost sight of in my frustration. Maybe God knew that that was all I needed. Just a conversation with someone to bring me some encouragement. I guess I just appreciate my friend Dan. And I'm glad that we're friends. It really is true that overall, God really does know what is the very best for me. Afterall, he did know that one day I would be in this state of frustration and hopelessness and that I would just need someone to talk to for 15 minutes tonight. Maybe that's why God created a friendship between Dan and I. Maybe......maybe not. But I'm thankful nonetheless.