Sunday, November 06, 2005

It doesn't seem great enough

I feel as if I love people too much. Now I don't actually think that's possible, but somehow, that's how I'm left feeling sometimes.There are friends that I have that I simple LoVe to be with! Like, take this as literally as possible because that is how I mean it. There are some people specifically who especially fall into this category. Here's an illustration to better get across my feelings here...whenever I go to babysit Quin and Abby, they are always waiting in the window when I pull up, and it's just so obvious that they have been waiting in eager expectation for me to get there because they knew that I was on my way. As I come in the front door they run over to greet me and it's quite obvious that they are thrilled for me to be there with them. This is a pretty good depiction of how I feel about some people. I feel like my heart isn't big enough to hold all of the love that I feel for them inside, and so sometimes I feel like I am acting like a small child in being overwhelmed with excitement to be with that person. I usually try to keep these displays of happiness to a minimum because I feel like maybe people might feel smothered or overwhelmed or something if they really knew. If they really knew how much I love them and want to be with them. I feel like I have to hold some of my love back to keep things at a comfortable. I guess maybe I'm just scared to love as much as my heart wants to sometimes. I wonder why this is. I have no logical explanation. It just is the way it is. Maybe I feel like I can only show as much love to people as I feel that they are showing to me. Maybe it all goes back to old wounds and remembering what it feels like to have more feelings for someone than they had for me. Maybe I'm scared of being hurt. It's sad I guess....to be scared to love. I pray that I would learn how to love limitlessly, so that I wouldn't feel like I'm hiding all of my love from the people I feel it for the most. I guess maybe this is the beginning of a journey that I need to take. So.....here we go, I guess.

3 comments:

Chris said...

That's OK honey, I feel like that too. Loving people is scarey, but it would be scarier not to love people. I know what you mean tho, I get scared of being too clingy.

Anonymous said...

hey kristan
I don't think that anyone can be loved too much sometimes people need to be loved and know that they are loved that much and your a great person.Personally I wish that I had more friends like you that said they love me alot and really love me alot your great and don't ever stop doing what your doing I don't think that you can ever love someone too much at least that's what I believe God has given you that gift to Love people and don't ever think that it's too much you know there are some people wanting to hear the word's i love you some children never ehar those words from there parents for there whole lives so just think what a blessing you are by giving and telling people that.Thanks kristan your so cool.

Evonne

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! Dvd decoders for windows media player saturn automobile insurance Bodybuilding templates