Sunday, July 10, 2005

My great weekend

What a great weekend this has been. On Friday Jenna came and picked me up and took me to her cabin with her as well as her friends Jessica and Denise. It was practically the greatest time ever. When we got there, we headed over th Kadesh to pick up Carla. It was fun to see my friends who are working ther. I saw Kim Krieg and her beautiful engagement ring. I'm so glad for her that she's getting married. Yay! I also saw a guy I know who I had a crush on 2 years ago. It was good to see him, but a tiny bit weird all at the same time. Anyways, then we headed back to the cabin and went wakeboarding until like 10:30. It was sweet fun. So yesterday, we pretty much spent the entire day outside on the water absorbing the beautiful sunshine. We went wakeboarding and tubing a lot. My arms and armpits and upper body is sooooo sore today. I can barely lift my arms up. But it's awesome. I got a pretty decent sunburn too. So now I'm super duper dark. It's awesome. I love being all nice and tanned. It's great. Pretty much what I strive for every summer. So all in all, it was just a great time at the lake. Today was a good day too. Church was good. I woke up nice and early this morning so that I'd have lots of time to get ready and then read my Bible for a bit before sound check at 9:00. It was happy that my worship team was on today. I always love it. And church was jsut good. Russ talked about the Lord's prayer and the importance that it holds. It's kinda funny, ya know? Like this is how Jesus taught us to pray and still I rarely ever find myself praying the Lord's prayer. Maybe there's some ridiculous power that that prayer holds taht I haven't tapped into yet. I love how there are always new aspects to faith and always new things to think about and learn. It's great. God is great. This afternoon I went over to Chris's house and watched Diary of a Mad Black Woman with her and Tamarah. It was just as good as usual. Ya, so I pretty much love Tamarah. I don't know why we don't hang out. She's just pretty darn great. We decided we're gonna hang out more often 'cause we seem to enjoy each other's company quite a bit. Tonight I think I might be watching movies with Svend. I want him to watch Diary of a Mad Black Woman and he has been bugging me for years I think to watch Ghost, so I think we might hit 'em both up tonight. Looking forward to that. Well, I'm off now. My mom wants me for something. Lata!

No comments: