Sunday, June 19, 2005
The Essay of My Weekend
Alright, so allow me to update you all on my last couple of days. So on Friday night I went over to Jenna's house. Chelsea and Cherise were there as well as Jenna's friend from RJC and also her friend Winston from Briercrest. We were playing Cranium and talking about how great it would be if we got a blackout...ya know, 'cause it was storming and what not...and then like 2 minutes later it blacked out. It was awesome. We all thought it was great, except for Jenna. She was kinda nervous a bit. It was pretty funny. So fortunately Debbie has a great love for candles, so we never ran short on those. So we lit a bunch on the kitchen table and then we took a bag of mini marshmallows and used tooth picks to roast them over the candles. It was soo great. Anyone who has never tried that before, should definitely try it sometime. THe power stayed off for a good hour and a half. It was awesome. It also went off again later. All in all, it was a great night at Jenna's. Saturday, I was at Prarie Meats working the appreciation day all day from 9:30-5:00. For most of the day it was kinda a bit rainy and cold so taht sucked. But I got to stand by Jasmine most of the day and serve hot dogs and burgers, so taht was great. I love Jasmine. I'm just so glad that her and I are friends. She's just fabulous. By the time the later afternoon started rolling around, the sun came out and it started warming up. Now here's the really great part....after we finished working there, me and Scott and Jasmine and Dan King and his family went swimming in Jasmine's grandparent's pool that's in their backyard. That was pretty much the greatest thing ever. I had forgotten how much I love swimming in outdoor pools. But I clearly remember now. A little later on, Rhett and Morgan and their cousin Tyrell and Kristen all came and swam too. It was soooo much fun. There was this little floaty ring thing with a fairly small hole in the middle, but we were diving off the diving board and trying to dive through the middle of the ring. Jasmine and I and Rhett could all do it and then Morgan goes and she just happens to be the one who gets stuck in the ring. It was quite hilarious. The tiniest one of us all is the one who gets stuck in the middle. Good times indeed. Then Rhett and Scott decided that they would be all immature and throw the girls in the water. I mean, it wasn't a big deal 'cause we were already wet, but Rhett would pick you up and throw you over his shoulder and then jump in off the diving board. So naturally I feared that my face would completely splat on teh water, so I put up quite a good fight against Scott and Rhett. But in the end, I ended up losing. I made sure to straighten myself up so taht my face wouldn't splat on the water. So it ended up being alright. Anyways....it was seriously such an awesome time!! Afterwards, we all went to Scott and Jasmine's house to hang out. We ate popcorn (YUMMY) and we watch Lemony Snickets. Good movie. Except that I kept on falling asleep for moments here and there. But it was fun. I just love Scott and Jasmine soooo very much and I love to hang out with them and I just think taht they are the greatest! They're awesome. So I ended up coming home at about 12:30ish and went to bed shortly thereafter. Church today was pretty good. I quite enjoyed it for the most part. Russ' sermon was really super awesome for all those fathers out there, but not so much relavent for unmarried teenage girls like myself. But it was still good. After church I went out for lunch to Moxie's with Kristen and Kristin and Kendra and Tanya and Jana and Michelle and Dan. It was fun. I just love hanging out with my great and wonderful friends! It makes me happy. Just so you all know...if you are my friend, you are like my family. I just love you so very much and I just want to spend time with you all the time. This afternoon I headed across the street to my dad's house to spend some good quality time with him. Lol. We ended up going to look at the Kinsmen home lottery show home. It was a fairly nice house except that it only had 2 bedrooms and it really wasn't taht big of a house and it was priced at $560,000. A bit ridiculous, if you ask me. The only part of the house that I really liked was teh carpet. It was fantastic. But other than that, it was just alright. Then we went to see Man Of The House, which was quite good and funny. We both enjoyed it. Then came supper time. It took us quite a while to figure out where the heck we should go to eat. We ended up settling on The Great Buffett of China. It was a good meal. I wished we could've made for some better conversation though. But it was still enjoyable. Once we finished eating, we came home and did a puzzle together. Then Jaclyn and Kevin came over to play some football with my dad, so I went home. I went to Dairy Queen with Svend. Good times. Then I simply came home and did nothing. Now here I am writing a freaking essay. Props to those of you who took the time to read this whole thing. You're awesome. Oh ya, and just to let you know, I am free to tell you my big happy news now, but I'm tired of typing and this is getting too long, so I'll write it tomorrow. Be sure to check back. It's awesome. Well I'm going to bed now as I am quite tired. G'night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh Come on, hurry up and write the big happy news!!!!
Post a Comment